Saturday, May 31, 2008

Compose Mail

Type fatigued fingers
Skid over the touch pad
Before swooping down to rescue
A marooned hyper link
Cast off by your unlucky baptism.
Name.surname tautens the
Gutted bloodied Strings of my
hoarse soul
Coaxing
Tuneless notes
From the silence
Of an unsent draft.
But I sing nevertheless

Of Slept-in sunrises
And sky-blue surprises.
Of mysterious handsome strangers
And their cooing courting ways
Of my fickle philandering glances
And your phony symphonied silence.

Of my empty empty skies
CloudlessTearlessWordless
Empty but for the
melancholy contrails of flying aluminum hands

What do you do when the cashier
runs out of paper rolls?
I picked up the unwritten tab
And left the change
Uncollected.

Backspace
Backspace
Backspace
Indecision tears off
my fingernails
Keystroke by Keystoke.
Discard
Or send?
Am I a strangulated click
Away from the cataclysm of
A lifeless wait for
Inbox(1)?
Or
A treacherous eternity
Too late
In Visiting
Your soul?

I spell check
Love letters.
Why don't they leave
the purgatory of drafts to
Reach the infernal paradise
Of Sent mail?

Draft autosaved at 01:00 (one minute ago)

2 comments:

Soumyadeep Ghosh said...

A lifeless wait for
Inbox(1)?

Somehow sums up my hours after I have posted something new on the blog...

ramya kumar said...

nah. that is far easier than waiting for a reply. And the blog posts will keep getting written, comments or no comments.